2009年12月21日月曜日

Essay2-03b: My Language Learning Stories*

My first language is Japanese but I am interested in other languages since junior high school. When I was a kindergartner, I was my first touch in English. It was a shock because I could not understand his talk. Then I started studying English in school. Now, I think that I want to work with use various languages in the future.

Currently, I have a qualification that is semi level 2 of Eiken. So I want to get level 2, next time. I have taken the test, but I could not get it. I think that I want to try it one more time. I graduated high school and keeping study English, because I could know to communicate with foreigner in English is very interesting! Now, I am interested in other languages so if I have a chance, I want to study those.

In my past, I had good experiences. My best experience is high school life. When I was a high school student, I belonged to the communication course for three years. Our class had a vice teacher who from America. So we had many chances that can speak in English. There were also some exchange students in our class. First year, I made a friend with Germany girl. She and I were always together. She can speak five languages so I asked to her about English. Next year, I made a friend with Australian girl. She is older than I. She gave me a power. She wanted to work in Japan. Her dream came true this year. When I heard the news, I felt very glad. I keep contacting with her. I think that met to her is a good thing. The class had many events. We had a school trip and went to Hawaii. The oversea travel was first time for me. I had a good experience. For example, we spoke only English in there. We also experienced home stay only three days with my friend. I was not good at speak English so I depended on her. But I could communicate with host family. I knew that to tell is very important. In class, most interesting class was watching movies. The teacher brought many foreign movies. We watched Disney movie, Harry Potter series, Home alone and so on. I could listen and I liked this time.

I am interested in English but, I am interested in not only it but also China and Korea! I am taking part in conversation volunteer once a week. I started last year because I was interested in to teach Japanese for foreigner. I made Chinese and Korean friends in there. Our language is Japanese because I cannot speak their languages. I will start to study languages someday. I want to speak Chinese or Korean in the future.

I will keep studying languages. But there are not only other languages but also Japanese. Since I took part in the volunteer, I think that I should study Japanese more. To study language is very important. A man who is a president of the YMCA, taught me it “Language is weapon of peace”. If I could not use it, I cannot communicate with people. I want to communicate with many people so I want to study language, English, Chinese, Korean and so on. I also want to trip foreign countries, I want to meet foreigners and I want to use language. I will never forget this “Language is weapon of peace”.
(578 words)

0 件のコメント: