2009年12月2日水曜日

Essay2-03(a): Language Learning Stories

My language is Japanese but I am interested in other languages since junior high school. When I was a kindergartner, I was touch in English first time. It was a shocking thing for me. Then I learned English in school. Now, I think that I want to work use some languages in the future.

Now, I have a qualification that is semi grade 2 of eiken. So I want to get grade 2, next time. I have taken the test but I could not get it. I think that I want to try it one more. I graduated high school and keep studying English. Because I could know to communicate with foreigner in English is very interesting! Now, I am interested in other languages so if I have a chance, I want to study that.

When I was a kindergartner, a man came to our preschool. I do not remember his name but I am remembered studied English. I enjoyed knowing new words. When I was a pupil, I learned to English in Kumon with my younger brother. Every time, I had a speaking test in there. When I was a junior high school student, I had an English class. My teacher was an English teacher for three years. The teacher was a man who is stern every day. But class was very fine. The class was divided two classes. The school decided to do class with few student so there were about twenty students. I also like the class by ALT. He speaks only English so it was difficult but fun. I could enjoy so I decided to go English course in high school. When I was a high school student, I belonged to the communication course for three years. Our class had a vice teacher who from America. So we had many chances that can speak in English. There were also some exchange students in our class. First year, I made a friend with Germany girl. She and I were always together. She can speak five languages so I asked to her about English. Next year, I made a friend with Australian girl. She is older than I. She gave me a power. She wanted to work in Japan. Her dream came true this year. When I heard the news, I felt very glad. I keep contacting with her. I think that met to her is a good thing. The class had many events. We had a school trip and went to Hawaii. The oversea travel was first time for me. I had a good experience. For example, we spoke only English in there. We also experienced home stay only three days with my friend. I was not good at speak English so I depended on her. But I could communicate with host family. I knew that to tell is very important. In class, most interesting class was watching movies. The teacher brought many foreign movies. We watched Disney movie, Harry Potter series, Home alone and so on. I could listen and I liked this time. When I was a first year of university, I learned French first time. It was very difficult for me but I could get information about France.

Now, I am interested in China and Korea! I am taking part in conversation volunteer once a week. I started it last year. Because I was interested in to teach Japanese for foreigner. I made Chinese and Korean friends in there. Our language is Japanese because I cannot speak theirs languages. So I will start to study the languages. Someday, I want to speak in Chinese or Korean.

I will keep studying languages. But it is not only other languages but also Japanese. Since I took part in the volunteer, I think that I should study Japanese more. To study language is very important. A man taught me it “Language is weapon of peace”. I think so. If we could not use it, we cannot communicate with people. I want to communicate with many people so I want to study language, English, Chinese, Korean and so on. I also want to trip foreign countries, I want to meet foreigner and I want to use language. I will never forget this “Language is weapon of peace”.
(709 words)

3 件のコメント:

mana さんのコメント...

Hi, Rie.

How about French?? You have nice experiences!!!
We are studying Japanese grammar now, but I’m poor at Japanese grammar. I like Japanese grammar class, but I can’t understand well.

RieM さんのコメント...

Hi, Manami^^
I don't like French because it was very difficult for me><
I think that Japanese is very difficult too. But we should study it!!

RieM さんのコメント...

Hi, Shiori^^
Thanks Shiori! I want to go Australia because my friends taught me there is very nice country! I also want to go to Hawaii because I have been to there once and there is beautiful islands(^^)